TMJ (TMD) Therapy
TMD is called Temporomandibular Dysfunction, a condition where the opening and closing movement of the jaw is restricted because of damage to the joint tissue. The symptoms of TMD usually are jaw pain, earaches, migraines, facial pain, and stiffness in jaw movement with difficulty in chewing. Guelph Line Dental offers its patients TMJ (TMD) Therapy.
Take a look at some of the most common causes of TMD:
- Consciously or unconsciously clenching teeth is one very common factor that leads to a stiff jaw.
- Chewing hard objects too often has also been diagnosed as a possible cause.
- Impacting your chin in an accident.
- Exaggerated jaw movements like opening your mouth a lot more than normal while yawning or eating.
- Some people tend to clench while under stress, which can also be a factor.
- Degeneration of the teeth’s surface.
- Improper alignment of teeth.
A timely visit to the dentist can help prevent aggravation of this condition. TMJ (TMD) Therapy can treat this disorder in its early stages. In case you witness any of the mentioned symptoms, contact us for us to better assess your condition.